Wednesday, June 2, 2010

blog four

This semester’s class was very interesting. From the art of editing to coding in Actionscript, I feel I learned some things that I can put to good use in the future. The short video project we did earlier in the semester allowed me to get some hands-on experience with a camera that I had been waiting for. And editing that video finally introduced me to Final Cut, which I have been itching to learn for a long time. Then we began to learn how to animate in Flash. Now, for the first few weeks of this, I was completely lost, as I know a lot of my classmates were. I didn’t know what was going on or what I was supposed to be learning or doing. Then one day it just sort of clicked, and after watching the online tutorials over a few times, I just started hacking away at the program and eventually figured out what I was doing. And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I was really proud of the animation I had made. Overall, I thought this class was useful. But, it could have been a lot better if we had more time in front of the computers, learning things while we are being taught them, instead of the current method of lecturing one day and being in the lab another.

No comments:

Post a Comment