Wednesday, June 2, 2010

blog three

Teresa Almada’s film presentation was really fantastic. I loved her work, especially the one that displayed various images over the audio of interviews with family members. This was such personal material that she was sharing that I was very touched by it. I also really liked the way she used the images in that piece. The images of rippling water and the swimmer seemed to reflect some of the emotion of the interviewees. It was all very introspective and personal to the artist, but it was done so well that the audience can relate to it, no matter how different their stories may be. I also enjoyed her documentary work of the Mexican people crossing the border illegally. It was very revealing. We hear a lot about the ‘problems’ of illegal immigration, but too rarely do we hear about individuals. And although the clip we saw wasn’t very long, I think it began to show a lot of the struggle that these people go through. I think she is a very talented individual, and I would like very much to see more of her work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment